THE PROGRAMME PROVIDES GRANTS TO A MAXIMUM OF R1 MILLION:
- R800 000 for tools, machinery and equipment on a 50:50 cost-sharing basis; and
- R200 000 for business development and training interventions per eligible enterprise to improve their corporate governance, management, marketing, productivity and use of modern technology on a 80:20 cost-sharing basis.
OBJECTIVES OF THE INCENTIVE SCHEME
- To fast-track existing Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMMEs) that exhibit good potential for growth into the mainstream economy;
- To grow black-owned enterprises by fostering linkages between black SMMEs and corporate and public sector enterprises;
- To complement current affirmative procurement and outsourcing initiatives of corporate and public sector enterprises; and
- To enhance the capacity of grant recipient enterprises to successfully compete for corporate and public sector tenders and outsourcing opportunities.
QUALIFYING CRITERIA OF THE INCENTIVE SCHEME
- Fifty-one per cent black majority shareholding;
- R250 000 to R35 million turnover per year;
- One year in operation and trading as a business;
- Fifty per cent management positions held by black people (historically disadvantaged individuals);
- Enterprises formally registered for VAT;
- Eligible to obtain funding to a maximum of R1 million:
o R800 000 for tools, machinery and equipment on a 50:50 cost-sharing basis; and
o R200 000 for business development and training interventions per eligible enterprise to improve their corporate governance, management, marketing, productivity and use of modern technology on a 80:20 cost-sharing basis; and
- Be operating and trading for at least one financial year at the sole discretion of DSBD, an enterprise that has been operational/registered for less than a year may be considered for this incentive, provided that the enterprise can supply sufficient evidence to service a tender/contract.
INDUSTRIES THAT CAN BE SUPPORTED AMONG OTHERS:
- Marketing and advertising
CONTACT US NOW TO APPLY FOR FUNDING
Tel: 043 722 3746
Our working hours are: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday