WHY BE BBBEE COMPLIANT:
- Should you wish to render your services to the South African Government, you are required by law to demonstrate compliance with the Code of Good Practice by submitting a BBBEE certificate.
- Tenders, licences or concessions may be withheld for non-compliance.
- A compliant company gains competitive advantage over non-compliant companies.
- Your company achieves greater compliance when you purchase from suppliers with high compliance levels.
- Compliance creates economic opportunities and keeps you abreast of changes in the business landscape.
- Company gain investor confidence.
- Improves corporate image as a corporate citizen.
- Attracts other business opportunities from the industry players/professionals.
B-BBEE RECOGNITION LEVELS FOR QSEs:
- QSE which is 100% Black Owned qualifies for a Level One B-BBEE Contributor
- A QSE which is at least 51% Black Owned qualifies for level two B-BBEE recognition level
- Any misrepresentation on annual total revenue and level of black ownership constitute a criminal offence as set out in the B-BBEE Act as amended.